Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Surviving Teething

We've been really blessed in the area of teething around here. The first eight teeth were completely manageable. Now that we are up to molars it's a different story. We have a flushed cheeked, unhappy, moody boy on our hands. Nights have been a nightmare for about 6 weeks now. I think I got more sleep when he was a newborn than I do now. BUT, it's part of the journey, right?

When a friend mentioned hazelwood teething necklaces I was off to the store to try to find one. Little did I know that Jason would be opposed to Mikail wearing a 'necklace', so we have since changed it to a 'manly wooden chain' (enter a Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt). I was ready to have Mikail wear hair bows, earrings, a necklace, and high heels if it was going to help. The outcome of the hazelwood 'manly wooden chain'? We think it's working and that's all that counts, right?

With all the medications and old wives tales out there as to what can and will help a baby during teething, I think it all comes down to the fact that it just has to happen and sometimes things help and sometimes they just don't. We've pretty much tried it all with the exception of a few things I am not willing to attempt, but for now, this hazelwood 'manly wooden chain' is working for us...along with his night time cocktail of tylenol and gripe water.

No comments: